Registrar in General Medicine
Permanent Full Time
Clarity are looking for a Registrar in General Medicine to start as soon as possible in a hospital in Kildare.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The NCHD’s standard duties and responsibilities include, as directed by the Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer to, inter alia:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of medical care to patients
- Diagnose and treat patients
- Ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritises the safety and well being of patients
- Assess patients on admission and/or discharge as required and write detailed reports in the case notes
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; Initiate and monitor treatment
- Communicate effectively with patients and clients;
- Attend clinics and participate in relevant meetings, case conferences and ward rounds; followed by documentation of findings on each patients chart; follow through with actions arising from the round;
- Represent the department / profession / team at meetings and conferences as appropriate
- Further progress knowledge of diagnosis and management;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data / information for same;
- Co-operate with investigations, enquiries or audit relating to the provision of health services;
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality and ethics; abide by the Irish Medical Council ‘Guide to Ethical Conduct and Behaviour’ (www.medicalcouncil.ie);
- Seek advice and assistance from the Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance;
- Engage in technological developments as they apply to the patient and service administration
- Cover for occasional unplanned absence of colleagues;
- Assignment to support services as required.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervising Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer.
Each successful candidate must be registered in the Register of Medical Practitioners, maintained by the Medical Council of Ireland, in accordance with the Medical Practitioners Act 2007.
Please contact Diarmuid for further details on this role at [email protected]