Registrar in Emergency Medicine
Permanent Full Time
Clarity are looking for a Registrar in Emergency Medicine to start as soon as possible in a hospital in the midlands.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The NCHD’s standard duties and responsibilities include, as directed by the Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer to, inter alia:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of medical care to patients
- Diagnose and treat patients
- Ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritises the safety and well being of patients
- Assess patients on admission and/or discharge as required and write detailed reports in the case notes
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; Initiate and monitor treatment
- Communicate effectively with patients and clients;
- Attend clinics and participate in relevant meetings, case conferences and ward rounds; followed by documentation of findings on each patients chart; follow through with actions arising from the round;
- Represent the department / profession / team at meetings and conferences as appropriate
- Further progress knowledge of diagnosis and management;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data / information for same;
- Co-operate with investigations, enquiries or audit relating to the provision of health services;
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality and ethics; abide by the Irish Medical Council ‘Guide to Ethical Conduct and Behaviour’ (www.medicalcouncil.ie);
- Seek advice and assistance from the Consultant / Clinical Director / Employer with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance;
- Engage in technological developments as they apply to the patient and service administration
- Cover for occasional unplanned absence of colleagues;
- Assignment to support services as required.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervising Consultant / Clinical Director Employer.
Hold valid membership of the General division of the Irish Medical Council register.
Have previous clinical theory and practical experience in a similar post to that advertised
Please contact Diarmuid for further details on this role at [email protected]